• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What was done to YOUR rig(XJ/MJ) today MECHANICALY????

Jeep Meets? :)

One in Katy next Saturday at the wildcatter, 1pm

Following Saturday one at luckys pub west Houston

Both are Harvey benefits

All jeeps? Who is sponsoring it? Links?

One in Katy next Saturday at the wildcatter, 1pm

Following Saturday one at luckys pub west Houston

Both are Harvey benefits

BTW, My son gave up his ford for Jeep Liberty :D this year.

L32RGFx.png

pjuVOfR.jpg

Thanks, which one are you going to?

Both

Got some nice death wobble this morning driving to work. Been a while since I've felt that

Was taking it for state inspection today anyway so told them to do an alignment and check the tire balance. Hoping it's just bad balance from the 35s... why did I change tires and wheels again?

DW fixed. Needed a wheel balance

At the wildcatter for the ultimate jeep jam

My buddy just got to try out DW for the first time. 95 GC.

Bought myself a 500 ft lb torque wrench (narrow, tiny, Klutch brand from Northern) to exercise :D my Rheumatoid Arthritis with, LOL, while I bust some rear leaf spring bolts loose. The 6 foot cheater pie and 3/4" breaker bar was laughed at by the bolts before Harvey....

Fixed my Saturn, FPR-FF was bad. lean code and bad mlieage, low FP and very check valve (zero pressure in under a second with FP off).

No more slow, painful starts and a P0410 code I fought for 10 years vanished too. Very interesting stuff...

Moved back into my man cave, home.....:D

Time for serious paint and rust work on my rigs :tears:

Hey you all know the Modern Technology better than I ;) I don't drive my XJ a lot after dark except on trails. I have plenty LED spot and flood for that. My issue is I'm OLD and have hard(er) time at night on road. The stock headlights suck. I am looking for inexpensive LED or a solution for better on road lights. What's out there or maybe what do you have?

What year is it? The Renix years, and maybe OBD-I-?, SUCK because the power goes all the way to the head light switch and then to head lights, huge voltage and amps loss in the path....I installed a $36 harness off Ebay on mine that tripled the light power on mine that uses the head light switch to run a relay under the hood that powers the head lights on a short path right to the battery. I also got cataract surgery that fixed my night vision and head light glare problem!!!!:party:

That helped more than the harness!!! I do not like the aftermarket headlights stuff as they make me to want install automated blinding spot lights on my fenders for when those clowns blind me with them LOL. BUt I seriously doubt that would do any good.

Hey you all know the Modern Technology better than I ;) I don't drive my XJ a lot after dark except on trails. I have plenty LED spot and flood for that. My issue is I'm OLD and have hard(er) time at night on road. The stock headlights suck. I am looking for inexpensive LED or a solution for better on road lights. What's out there or maybe what do you have?

Last edited:

Have you upgraded the wiring harness?

It's a 2000 no I have not changed harness. Think new harness and bulbs would help?

Yeah. Even just the harness helps. I’ve got a piggyback one that triggers off the stock harness. Bigger wires straight to the battery. The stock harness is too small and doesn’t even throw a full 12v to he headlamps. Maybe 9/10.

That plus silverstars on my 98 was almost too bright

Back