• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ross's other dumb jeep for the street

Just doing stuff.....

4qoqvd.jpg

I may have missed it but how thick are your wheel adapters on the rear axle?

I may have missed it but how thick are your wheel adapters on the rear axle?

Typical 1.5" adapters. I wanna redrill the 8.8 shafts for 5x5, install longer studs, and have like a ~3/4" spacer. Will just barely tuck the flare and leave just enough tire-to-leaf clearance

Grab a couple final odds and ends, yanked everything auto out Friday night. Slapped the new clutch and stuff in, stabbed the AX15, and reassembled. Pretty easy and simple, being 2WD made it a cake walk. Spent today driving it around a little bit and grabbing gears, much success!!!

xn5dvt.jpg

nlakue.jpg

2rf9739.jpg

x42fpz.jpg

8wyy6h.jpg

That's a lot of change.............get the pun��?

not for someone who's already a little shifty.....just make sure that once you start, you stick to it and it'll be there for you in the clutch.Just make sure you master the hydraulic system, or you'll end up a slave to the cylinder.

I traded the 2WD AW4 and misc auto parts for a 99 XJ 4.0/manual computer and $100 :thumbup: Swapped that in, removed the dumb upshift light from the cluster, and wired up the reverse switch. Life is good, all dash lights are off, ready for a new inspection end of the month

So now that I've been banging gears, seems all I think about is a stroker now. Very tempted to talk to Russ and have him set me up with a rotating assembly and parts.

Well that just happened. Scored an aluminum 6.2 L92/LS3 for a song! Maybe I can find another T56/TR6060 and make this a possibility. What kills me is I have 2wd NV4500's laying around but I just don't think I'd be happy with it in this Jeep.

2nizexd.jpg

90t4sj.jpg

20k7q1e.jpg

Started grabbing parts to make it a mild LS3 setup. Also got a T56 torque tube setup, but I'm still planning on most likely going with a regular tranny setup.

34gr96c.jpg

1533fqu.jpg

t866i8.jpg

As usual with me, I buy goodies here and there. I then I manage to buy other random things that make me think of different build ideas. I'm still building a healthy LS3 engine, but now I might just toss the blower on the 4.0

j65vtj.jpg

2mcg51d.jpg

2vb214o.jpg

Back