• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

CRUD. The replacement front housing I got for my holed NV241DLD is machined differently where the shifter axle comes out of the case. The old one has a groove for an o-ring, the new one doesn't. It machined out to the depth of the o-ring, down to about where the o-ring was on the old one. It's a machined out step. Looks like I'm not finishing it today.

My g/f used to live in Madison, and went to GToW pretty much every year. Beer festivals are a great way to find new small breweries.

On that note, Fulton here in Minneapolis is going to start canning and/or bottling. Their Sweet Child O' Vine is probably my favorite IPA out there.

I have a friend with a cabin up that way... I'll ask....

On another note, I potentially could pick up a '00 Explorer 8.8 with 4.10s and posi for $125... Downside is it has over 267k miles on it... what do you guys think??

Well I don't know if I'll be able to as it would be coming from a salvage yard, I'll ask tomorrow when I call to inquire about it...

99SJ 'Found a goldmine for upgrades' Ex

Fishing on spread Eagle Chain of Lake's and also on a flowage of the Menominee River. Great day to be on the water in my boat and looooooong overdue. Did the catch and release today. Went through 2 doz large suckers and 3 doz leeches in 6 hours. They were hitting hot and heavy. Smallmouth Bass were averaging 16-22" panfish were between 7-10" but no walleyes though. One really nice 39" Pike. All fish were released for another day.

That explains all of the police activity this morning.

Apparently, the POTUS is making a stop in Cannon Falls this morning, holding a fund raiser, I mean town hall meeting along the river this morning. Goodhue county even has a couple of airboats waiting. Oddly enough, I did not see any signs of a Secret Service detail this morning. There are squads from at least 2 other jurisdictions as well.

Re: That explains all of the police activity this morning.

Apparently, the POTUS is making a stop in Cannon Falls this morning, holding a fund raiser, I mean town hall meeting along the river this morning. Goodhue county even has a couple of airboats waiting. Oddly enough, I did not see any signs of a Secret Service detail this morning. There are squads from at least 2 other jurisdictions as well.

You mean "Dear Leader"?

Re: That explains all of the police activity this morning.

You mean "Dear Leader"?
<grumble> Not gonna rise to the bait, now, I ain't.

No rain in the forecast, but there's a storm cell south of St. Cloud, heading south east, and it's an outdoor event. I can hope he gets wet.

I gotta start training for tough mudder or im gonna get my ass kicked...

CRUD. The replacement front housing I got for my holed NV241DLD is machined differently where the shifter axle comes out of the case. The old one has a groove for an o-ring, the new one doesn't. It machined out to the depth of the o-ring, down to about where the o-ring was on the old one. It's a machined out step. Looks like I'm not finishing it today.
Hrrrm..... what looks like grubby machined steel is actually a worn hard plastic ring that matches up almost perfectly with the exterior of the housing. Blasted hard to see. The worn surface on the plastic looks like the interior machined surface.

just came across a torch set w/ 2 half full tanks and cart for $375 obo on a local swap shop. Gonna check it out after work...doubting they are Victor torches, but still the tanks are worth the asking price. :thumbup:

Cheese "can never have too many fire axes around the farm" man

Sean R...isn't it the Messiah?

Back from wheelin. Good time. Got to take a couple friends out on Saturday afternoon that had never been wheelin before...did some tough lines in the popcan in the quarry...no videos or pics cause we spent too much time wheelin. Was fun.

We also wheeled all day on Friday. I put some miles on the popcan...I burn't 10 to 12 gallons of fuel in the popcan.

Then did nearly 45 miles (9 laps at 4.7ish miles) in the C747 Ford Ranger. Got 4th place in C class in the TREC race. Would've had a podium finish but had to change a tire on lap 4. I beat that truck like a red headed step child. I'm very sore today for it. No vehicle should be expected to take what I put that truck through.

If you know the access road at the end of orange, we ran that all along the property line then right turn around the edge of orange (backwards on the access road if you ran orange). We hit 50mph...try going 20 the next time you run orange in your xj...will make you wonder how the ranger held together.

mac 'the need for speed' gyvr

Last edited:
As a Ranger driver, I have no doubts in its ability to handle rough roads at speed. Even stock they handle that stuff very well.

Rev

Only upgrades to the front are 2.0 bypass shocks and v8 explorer torsion bars...

otherwise the front is stock 99 ranger suspension...with 126k miles

mac 'too bad they aren't going to make the ranger for the US anymore' gyvr

Just wanted to say to all you guys(you know who you are) Thank you for being you. I lost a good friend today. My brother found her laying on our kitchen floor this morning. She had an anxiety attack and siezure and passed in the middle of the night. She was a good woman at heart and would never want us to go through that. What a F***ing monday!

Back