• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

Can't read the 3 digit security code on the back of my bank card so I can't place my strut order until I get home to grab my new bank card . Jensen Brothers has 18 inch ORI in stock and can get 16s quick I may go 18s in the rear since they will be mounted near vertical not triangulated like the 15.5 travel shocks are now in the rear . Can't reach filthy motor sports by phone easily so left them an e-mail to see if they can match the lead time of Jensen... I'd rather have my struts in a week than 4 months .

Call across the tracks in Grand Junction. I know they have been trying to keep stuff on order to build inventory.
970-424-6088

The flop shop also has been trying to keep an inventory and I've heard has good pricing.

Trigger pulled on a set of in stock 18 ORI struts from Jensen . Probably order the rears at the end of the month so they are in by the time I start that project...going 18s front and rear . The reason for the 18s is the ORI runs shorter than a 16 2.5 king the 18 ori is roughly the same compressed extended lengths as a 2.5 king coilover ... I guess it's time to start moving the stuff under hood to make way for hoops.

Last edited:
The Colorado BS thread

9e2d2deb0c132f8a26ffae1b77c2db6e.jpg

Well the burb has about enough of my shit, and I had enough of its nonsense. She was giving fits starting and making trip over the hill without heat issues or ignition issues. So test drove a variety of stuff and scored an awesome deal on a new 17 for hardly more than used ones I was looking at. As purchased has about 11k tow rating so should handle a rig or the car on the trailer just fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks to md21722 for bailing my daughter out this weekend, and Friday. Her Renix 89 jeep had a bad CPS that finally started pushing daisies yesterday in Denver. Long story.... she had to park it when the roads iced over Thursday night. She came back Friday and the jeep was pissed off that she had left her by herself alone in the parking lot over night. Jeeps are sensitive about that shit. She decided she was not going to start with out a tow and new CPS. The moral of this story is.......don't piss of your jeep, LOL.

md21722 is a Stand up guy!!! He got her a tow and he swapped the CPS today. She fired right up. Used a NAPA Echlin CPS.

I did my part over the phone on diagnostics from Texas LOL, but replacing a renix CPS over the phone a 1000 miles away is not a trick I have learned yet. Maybe next year LOL. It's a tough enough job doing it under the jeep LOL. A 1000 mile socket extension was not practical LOL.

Nice! Love the interior on those.

Agreed, definitely one of the best set ups (I did like the ford a lot as well). Im not sold on the hood just yet, its rather bulky from the cab, and the chrome front will eventually have to go in way of color match. Pulls way harder than the 8.1 in the burb did, and felt way more confident pulling the big hills over by me (cerro summit/blue mesa) than the other two big brands. got just over 22 on my drive home from junktown with it, so thats a drastic improvement. Just have to ditch the side steps, get some coating on the bed, put all terrains on, and some tint and itll be a lot better of a truck. Ended up all said about 14k off the truck so hard to pass up.

I'm working in Brush this week, commuting every day, halfway to Nebraska...

Retirement home.

Agreed, definitely one of the best set ups (I did like the ford a lot as well). Im not sold on the hood just yet, its rather bulky from the cab, and the chrome front will eventually have to go in way of color match. Pulls way harder than the 8.1 in the burb did, and felt way more confident pulling the big hills over by me (cerro summit/blue mesa) than the other two big brands. got just over 22 on my drive home from junktown with it, so thats a drastic improvement. Just have to ditch the side steps, get some coating on the bed, put all terrains on, and some tint and itll be a lot better of a truck. Ended up all said about 14k off the truck so hard to pass up.

:yelclap: congrats on the new ride, Mike.

aside from grabbing a bite/beer with you, I don't think I have much going on :cheers:

Back