• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

I do not, you never know what’s going on in Moab so I always get lodging sooner than later, I have had our campsite for EJS reserved since last EJS. We usually stay at Moab rim camp park.

I'll be staying there again this year, except with my own spot :D

Not sure I'll make, nor will it be worth making, the 35th in October for me.

If my DD XJ is done building by then I'll try.

Buggies and NAXJA just don't quite intertwine :laugh:

I'll be staying there again this year, except with my own spot :D

Not sure I'll make, nor will it be worth making, the 35th in October for me.

If my DD XJ is done building by then I'll try.

Buggies and NAXJA just don't quite intertwine :laugh:

What you don't want to trailer a rig out to run tin cup pass ?

Indeed. Had a new one this week. My daughters HVAC blower switch died and she roughed it for a week with out the blower, till the inside of her windshield iced up to where she could NOT see the road to drive in -16 F ? (Or was it 16 F) weather in your back yard. She called AAA and had here Jeep, and her bod towed to class 30 miles away so she would not miss school, LOL. Later she drove 60 miles back home, no problem. One of these days she will learn not to procrastinate on simple jeep repairs. She has the new switch now, LOL.

She now understands how bad it can get :eek: with out a working defroster LOL.

We fixed a cold weather no start issue days before due to a Renix new CPS low output signal in 16 F weather by replacing a 16 month old, still tested as good, Napa standard duty battery with an AZ max cold cranking amps duralast gold battery and no more failures to get spark and injector signals. She and I did the debugging and testing over the phone. She is finally learning how to use a digital multimeter and test grounds, the CPS and battery. INteresting that the used standard duty Napa battery still showed 10.75 volts while cranking, when 5-90 use to say 10 Volts minimum was needed for the ECU to turn on and give a spark. Seems in super cold weather that is not goo enough for Renix CPS to see enough RPMs to produce a high enough alternating DC pulse for the ECU to read, thus no spark. In this case the new AZ battery at that temp held 11.7 Volts while cranking, which gave enough rpms to boost the CPS output voltage for the ECU to see and start the engine. A good, not very old standard battery was not good enough in weather that cold. She uses 10W30, about 240,000 miles on the 1989 Renix Cherokee stock 4x4.

I ran a series of tests over the years looking at the CPS output voltage and it jumps lows .20 to as high a s 7 volts as the RPMs go from about 200 to 2500 rpm.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

My son found what looks like a nice Wrangler sport jeep but wants to know if this repairable and what it might cost and what kind of shop would need to do it?

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn....=35932389084be30b65013c45ce8cdbfc&oe=5A9328F9

Here is an overall view and why he bothered asking. I would not touch it, but have no idea what a truck frame or body shop with today;s tools might be able to do or what it would cost. Thus is the is it worth it.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn....=d554636b1270bcaa183aec58100d7036&oe=5A92FCE4

My son found what looks like a nice Wrangler sport jeep but wants to know if this repairable and what it might cost and what kind of shop would need to do it?

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn....=35932389084be30b65013c45ce8cdbfc&oe=5A9328F9

Here is an overall view and why he bothered asking. I would not touch it, but have no idea what a truck frame or body shop with today;s tools might be able to do or what it would cost. Thus is the is it worth it.

https://scontent.fhou1-1.fna.fbcdn....=d554636b1270bcaa183aec58100d7036&oe=5A92FCE4

Pass. That frame is toast.

Pass. That frame is toast.

That is what I thought, But I have never tried to do that level of work. I have seen some 60 year old stuff stripped to the bone, dipped and cleaned to bare metal, sandblasted and rebuilt but it is no simple task. I once had a rotted, swiss cheese 1978 gas tank sandblasted inside and out, and coated inside and out with a solvent proof elastomer coating that turned the swiss cheese metal remains into a plastic tank. Worked great. But that was not a frame.

Got hit in the semi not once but twice in Rawlins, wy...lol...I got fuel pulled out onto access road headed south to i80 ramp as I was passing the entrance to the flying j a motorist apparently who does not understand that snow and ice are slick came down the steep icy flying j driveway way too fast and shot out and bounced off the driver side of my trailer . I came to a stop got out asked if they were ok they were fine their car had mild damage to the headlight and fender the trailer appeared to have no damage I could only find evidence of contact on the landing gear leg as the snow on it was scraped, so this spot blocks traffic and being passed the entrance I decided I would head to the in ramp and do my report there with the motorist ...lol... well we both head down and turn onto the ramp and as we do I see him close the gap and pow he runs Into the dot bar , so I get out and can't really believe this guy just ran into the rear in the process of reporting the first collision. Guy say his brakes just go "wild" when he pushes them down they just make noise and vibrate and don't work...lol... sounds like a perfectly normal working feel of the pedal with abs brakes and they work fine , but as long as the guy keeps stating he lost control and ran into the trailer I don't really care how he tries to sugar coat the mistake ... they called their insurance agent ...lol...I called 911 and patched into carbon county the cops arrived took statements put them at fault . I pulled his fender out off the tire and found his front license plate for ...lol...then he started to ramble on about how his foot is really starting to hurt from the brakes and collision...too late mofo... that's why the cops were called and your stupid ads already said to the police that you couldn't stop in the driveway and ran into traffic and rearended me during the report process , so don't bother calling Frank Azar .

The Colorado BS thread

that's why the cops were called and your stupid ads already said to the police that you couldn't stop in the driveway and ran into traffic and rearended me during the report process , so don't bother calling Frank Azar .

This story cracks me up (sorry for your lost HOS though). People always try this crap once they think about a commercial truck and insurance, looking for a payout.

It used to be like that but now I cant edit at all - edit box is non-existent. Also, down at the bottom of the page it says "you may NOT edit posts". :dunno:

It took awhile, but the lights finally came on! You would have to be a paid member to see the announcement in the Members Forum:

In case it was missed in the other thread, NAXJA members can now edit their own threads.

We are still working to figure out the best way to fix the photo hosting issues, however, if you have a reliable way to host photos, you can fix your threads now.

mac 'get to it' gyvr

Maybe flipping that switch affected your permissions. At any rate, the migration to VB5 trundles on...

This story cracks me up (sorry for your lost HOS though). People always try this crap once they think about a commercial truck and insurance, looking for a payout.

Yeah I did my best not to laugh at him .I if driving my own vehicle may let a person slide if no damage , but unfortunately in the company truck it's not my call and for obvious reason.

Jeep finally moves! Amazing what a little washer in the valve body can do. And the hot rod shift is no BS. It's fine cruising around but it'll chirp the tires on clean asphalt. 87hp never felt so fast.

Now to just finish up the little stuff

Jeep finally moves! Amazing what a little washer in the valve body can do. And the hot rod shift is no BS. It's fine cruising around but it'll chirp the tires on clean asphalt. 87hp never felt so fast.

Now to just finish up the little stuff
:woohoo:party1::party::pirate1:

Just spent $550 for one tire for the buggy. Why is everything cool so expensive.

Ice is cool, and cheap, some times free in the winter LOL.

Just spent $550 for one tire for the buggy. Why is everything cool so expensive.

I spent $2300 on 4 tires that have 3 easy runs on them and I'm looking at dumping another $3000 on 4 more tires since I'm thinking Stickys in either 42 treps or 43 sx...I kick myself in the ass for not just spending the extra $750 on the 42 treps when I bought the dot rockers .

I spent $450 on my last renix XJ acquisition here, and the rest on a roll of duct tape :) :D

It had 4 tires on it already, LOL

I spent $2300 on 4 tires that have 3 easy runs on them and I'm looking at dumping another $3000 on 4 more tires since I'm thinking Stickys in either 42 treps or 43 sx...I kick myself in the ass for not just spending the extra $750 on the 42 treps when I bought the dot rockers .

whats up guys! quick help, Im wanting to buy my first welder to keep in my garage will be using to fab some stuff up on the jeep like bumpers, sliders, axle swaps etc... I do have some not a lot of experience welding (not a pro but can throw some decent beads) any recommendation on a decent welder?

whats up guys! quick help, Im wanting to buy my first welder to keep in my garage will be using to fab some stuff up on the jeep like bumpers, sliders, axle swaps etc... I do have some not a lot of experience welding (not a pro but can throw some decent beads) any recommendation on a decent welder?
First, buy a name brand like Lincoln or Miller. You will get better service/support after the sale.

Second, buy a 220V.

My former employer(s) did a lot of business with General Air. I know the store on Zuni has used/lease return equipment for sale.

I’ve had my Lincoln 180C for 10 years now. It was repaired under warranty once and otherwise has never let me down. Go 220V and use gas.

Back