• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC-Fest prep thread

Andy in Pa. said:
I just had to pick on you a little...

Getting tired of using your tranny as a foot rest?

1 to 2" more uptravel?? The 25" of suspension travel you have now isn't enough? :worship:

Paint it??? Don't you dare go and make that thing all pretty.... none of us will recognize it then. :gee:

:spin1:

In the Nov/Dec issue of Crawl magazine there's a writeup of one of our trail rides at Rausch. In that article there's a little spot where it talks about the death of my iPod in Cumberland Valley, where it jumped out of my lap and into a spinning driveshaft. At that point I figured having a floor might be useful. (this was in mid-June).

Keeping the same amount of travel overall, just...re-proportioning it a little bit. That pesky inner fenderwell wasn't doing anything anyway.

paint1.JPG

paint2.JPG

:D

vetteboy said:
:spin1:

In the Nov/Dec issue of Crawl magazine there's a writeup of one of our trail rides at Rausch. In that article there's a little spot where it talks about the death of my iPod in Cumberland Valley, where it jumped out of my lap and into a spinning driveshaft. At that point I figured having a floor might be useful. (this was in mid-June).

Keeping the same amount of travel overall, just...re-proportioning it a little bit. That pesky inner fenderwell wasn't doing anything anyway.

paint1.JPG

paint2.JPG

:D

I read that article, I didn't understand how that would happen until I saw your truck up close...:D

Jeez, its looks like we better have a "Show and Shine" area at Nac-Fest for all the freshly painted XJ's to hang out...when are you getting the "bling" wheels/tires?? (like Zach V. on BMJA...)

Andy in Pa. said:
Jeez, its looks like we better have a "Show and Shine" area at Nac-Fest for all the freshly painted XJ's to hang out...when are you getting the "bling" wheels/tires?? (like Zach V. on BMJA...)

Zach already tried to get me to buy some. :roll:

I almost had a deal worked out to trade some guy in south NJ my tires & wheels for a set of 42" Iroks on H2's...but he ran away when I sent him pics of mine. C'mon, they're not that bad...

Floor is coming along though.

n24800499_32008622_794.jpg

Upgraded steering pump (little higher flow & pressure), bling reservoir, and some hoses and junk are ordered and on their way.

Let's see...

• shorten down pipe+replace cat converter
  • ditch front sway bar+mounts
  • flip tierod above knuckle+replace ends+add hydro assist
  • replace axle end track bar mount
  • replace outer axle seal that blew up...
  • if time/money permits- 35's and beadlocks
....oh yeah, and get it driving again! :doh:

Still not sure what it's going to take to get it drivable since I'm still not sure what's wrong. Once it warms up my next try will be replacing the entire electrical system to see if that fixes it...

well just got the brakes fixed one of the caliper bolt holes was stripped. Once tapped and replaced the clicking that had been driving me crazy for a year fiannly stopped. plus i got my new 5" coils I won a last year on(thanks to DPG) it ride better. Now if I can just sort out this overheating issue. Also replaced muffler it got crushed on a tree.

nhrocker said:
Let's see...

• shorten down pipe+replace cat converter
  • ditch front sway bar+mounts
  • flip tierod above knuckle+replace ends+add hydro assist
  • replace axle end track bar mount
  • replace outer axle seal that blew up...
  • if time/money permits- 35's and beadlocks
....oh yeah, and get it driving again! :doh:

Still not sure what it's going to take to get it drivable since I'm still not sure what's wrong. Once it warms up my next try will be replacing the entire electrical system to see if that fixes it...
Looks like I can add another thing to my list, swapping out transfer cases. A friend is hooking me up with a freshly rebuilt 231 with TeraLow 4:1, 2Lo kit, new chain, and AA SYE. The lower gearing sure sounds nice since it looks like if my Jeep is running I'll be borrowing Rob's new 35's for NacFest. :laugh3:

Nice...no more wet feet either!! Those aren't actually pinion gears, right?? I have never seen pinion gear shifter knobs before...cool....

A.

Yeah they are...from some small right angle gearboxes we're rebuilding at work. :)

Here they are next to a quarter (crappy pic).

n24800499_32004990_4489.jpg

These particular ones came out of some small right-angle gearboxes that drive ventilation fans for incubators at a hatchery in upstate NY.

A shot of the whole new tunnel, I'll be very glad when this part of the project is over with. I'm getting sick of sheetmetal:

DSC02701.JPG

Got my new steering stuff too, I overheated the factory reservoir and it sprung a leak where the plastic seam is, so that crap had to go. Might as well do an upgraded pump at the same time.

DSC02705.JPG

That tranny tunnel is looking good, I'm liking the shifter knobs too!

I'm hoping my steering pump/reservoir will hold up for a while with the addition of my ram assist. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Can't wait to check out your rig in person, I can always use more ideas.:cheers:

kinda depressing seeing everyone makin progress, mines just sitting, tryin to get rid of my 3" BDS leaves so i can get some 5" DGP leaves, should be gettin the drivetrain back together within a few weeks, maybee if things go right ill be there in my xj, probly on nhrockers 33's as 3.55's and 35's will be horible, but after nacfest i wil be gettin my 35's back thats one thing im sure about

ROBZ95Xj said:
kinda depressing seeing everyone makin progress, mines just sitting, tryin to get rid of my 3" BDS leaves so i can get some 5" DGP leaves, should be gettin the drivetrain back together within a few weeks, maybee if things go right ill be there in my xj, probly on nhrockers 33's as 3.55's and 35's will be horible, but after nacfest i wil be gettin my 35's back thats one thing im sure about

stop being a vag and just throw those 35's on and wheel the piss out of it. Nobody wants to hear you crying!

Rob Mayercik said:
Well, my list is currently as follows:

- Fix low temp indication on dash
- Redo headliner
- Finish power mirror swap
- Deal with rusty lower rear quarters
- Swap out my front hooks for shackle brackets (bought with my NACFest 2007 raffle winnings)

Rob

Time to add a couple more things to my list:

- Get A/C fixed
- Figure out and fix whatever's dripping (all of a sudden, my rig has decided to start marking it's parking spot).

looks like a repeat of last year for me, will probly be ridin beotch again, be atleat the tires from my jeep will make it, i just need to get a spare and balance the tires then buy beer and have spending money

ROBZ95Xj said:
looks like a repeat of last year for me, will probly be ridin beotch again, be atleat the tires from my jeep will make it, i just need to get a spare and balance the tires then buy beer and have spending money

how is this even possible.
You have all of may to finish your truck, you said its rolling and the motor is in, what else is holding you up honkey??

Get your butt off the couch and go wrench on it, and actually wheel the jeep instead of riding biotch

The only thing i have left to do is get an inspection.
Just installed my new directional switch today
o2 sensor will be here tomorrow
Then fab up some sort of fender flares and im good to go wheeling

matt6669 said:
how is this even possible.
You have all of may to finish your truck, you said its rolling and the motor is in, what else is holding you up honkey??
t case needs rebiuld and sye, have no floors, needs brake lines replaced im sure theres more i can add, just to much little stuff

why rebuild the t-case you can pick up a perfectly fine one for 200 bucks but if you insist on rebuilding it you can rebuilt it and install a sye in under 2 hours flat. There really is nothing to the 231 it comes about and goes right back together. Brake lines 2 hours maybe

come on rob your talking a days worth of work, you get the parts there, ill drive there to help you finish NO LIE

matt6669 said:
why rebuild the t-case you can pick up a perfectly fine one for 200 bucks but if you insist on rebuilding it you can rebuilt it and install a sye in under 2 hours flat. There really is nothing to the 231 it comes about and goes right back together. Brake lines 2 hours maybe

come on rob your talking a days worth of work, you get the parts there, ill drive there to help you finish NO LIE
time isnt the issue, money isi guess well just have to wait and see if i can pull off the miricle of 08

Back