• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Colorado B/S Thread

Re: The Colorado BS thread

In Wyoming you don't need a title or vin to start with. The state patrol will issue you a vin if it has everything needed to be legal (tail/head lights, mirrors,seatbelts) . No inspection after that.
Things are getting a little tougher in Wyoming, at least in Gillette. Bought a M100 in July last year. Cheyenne said it had been registered in Laramie 15 years ago. Had to send the guy a registered letter asking him to fill out paperwork as to why no title. End of November I finally got enough paperwork to satisfy Cheyenne. Don't want to go thru that again ! Don't knock Wyoming as there is only 500,000 people in state. Traffic jams are unheard of around here. How's that traffic jam on I 25 in the Springs, Denver and Fort Collins ? Not to mention the unlimited capacity of mags allowed here !

I80 across to Utah is faster than i70 with a lot less traffic. Closer to South Dakota, and I am less than 10 minutes from the Colorado state line. Takes me 45 more minutes than you to go wheeling.

It’s only windy when you are passing through.

I drive back and forth from SLC to to Denver 6 days a week ... It's always windy . What is there in Wyoming besides open fields , tumble weeds , WIND , blowing snow , and wind ? I spotted a sign the other day for dental work in Cheyenne stating a full set of Wooden teeth done in a day .

Things are getting a little tougher in Wyoming, at least in Gillette. Bought a M100 in July last year. Cheyenne said it had been registered in Laramie 15 years ago. Had to send the guy a registered letter asking him to fill out paperwork as to why no title.

If something has a VIN already then it’s a pain if you don’t have a title, but if you are starting from scratch it’s easy. Especially if you are involved with LEO frequently.

Everyone that says it’s windy in Wyoming is why it’s always windy. Stop talking about it and it goes away.
There is a lot to offer in Wyoming. Great fishing and lots of mountains to explore could keep one busy for a lifetime. Don’t get me wrong, i grew Up in Westminster and thought Colorado was the best place ever, now I’m not so sure you could pay me enough to live on the front range.

Ever been to the Bighorn Mountains ? What I have explored is more over landing than rock crawling. Ever had a moose come stomping thru your camp site at 9 pm ? No other campers within a half mile ? Never mind this is all BS, stay in Colorado !

Ever been to the Bighorn Mountains ? What I have explored is more over landing than rock crawling. Ever had a moose come stomping thru your camp site at 9 pm ? No other campers within a half mile ? Never mind this is all BS, stay in Colorado !

The fictional setting for the Two sheep herding cowboys was Wyoming's Bighorn mountains...lol

If something has a VIN already then it’s a pain if you don’t have a title, but if you are starting from scratch it’s easy. Especially if you are involved with LEO frequently.

Everyone that says it’s windy in Wyoming is why it’s always windy. Stop talking about it and it goes away.
There is a lot to offer in Wyoming. Great fishing and lots of mountains to explore could keep one busy for a lifetime. Don’t get me wrong, i grew Up in Westminster and thought Colorado was the best place ever, now I’m not so sure you could pay me enough to live on the front range.
Why did Wyoming ever allow anyone to register anything with out a title ?Now titles are required to register, at least in Gillette. I have become friends with the community service officer in Gillette. I have had to get titles for a military trailer , a home built trailer and one I bought out of Colorado in the last few years.

Only ever heard one complaint from crawlertech and it was from Chad and it ended up being a difference of 3/16 on a set of slider legs.

Only thing I ever had built by crawlertech was supposed to be round sliders like we’re on Joshua’s blue xj ended up being built entirely of square material.

End of the day I am a welder for Tnt and can only build stuff to the tolerances we have in our jigs, can’t change stuff unless people tell us it’s not perfect.

They're destroying yet another '69 Charger........

Or are they..........? :D

Stumbled across this tonight, found it really interesting!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nk-ypusAmPk

imageshandler.ashx

Last edited:

So.... I took the 97 “Gremlin” Cherokee to Walden and blasted around for an hour or so with no problems, it never overheated, never even got over 210. Granted it was cold up there with a light breeze. But the wife and kids enjoyed it, they have never been there and I haven’t been there in years since I got rid of the four wheelers and dirt bikes. After I harden the drivetrain, I might look at more HP options so I can pull my little 3,000lbs boat to the lakes with it. Other than that I’m really enjoying it.

Yeah, I Once pulled the four wheelers out there with my restored 89 GTA just for something to do. Of course it didn’t even feel the trailer LOL. My wife calls the jeep, a four wheeler with heater and air-conditioning. That’s pretty much how I treat it LOL. If I get a long weekend I’m going to go to the Sandunes by Rocksprings.

Back