• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Well last weekend on my trip up to bundy hill my f250 decided to start running poorly. Limped it home with jeep in tow and been slowly going over it this past week trying to find out the problem. Was hoping for something easy but of course that can't be the way it goes. Found 2 of the spark plug holes filled with antifreeze. Looks like its time for a new intake manifold and gasket. Thinking I'm gonna have to do this repair since I figure the repair shop will be costly. Just what I want to do when its cold outside.

Well last weekend on my trip up to bundy hill my f250 decided to start running poorly. Limped it home with jeep in tow and been slowly going over it this past week trying to find out the problem. Was hoping for something easy but of course that can't be the way it goes. Found 2 of the spark plug holes filled with antifreeze. Looks like its time for a new intake manifold and gasket. Thinking I'm gonna have to do this repair since I figure the repair shop will be costly. Just what I want to do when its cold outside.
Does yours have the heater line that crosses over top of cylinder 3 and 4? I had antifreeze in hole 4, it turned out the heater line was dripping in there.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Well I started looking at the plugs in driver's side. Cylinders 5 and 7 both had antifreeze in them almost up past top of spark plug. Haven't checked the passenger side yet.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Well I started looking at the plugs in driver's side. Cylinders 5 and 7 both had antifreeze in them almost up past top of spark plug. Haven't checked the passenger side yet.

How many miles on it? Have the leaky exhaust manifolds? 5.4L?

Trucks only got 145k miles on it and exhaust is still good on it. Yes it's 5.4

Take this how you want, but replacing the intake requires taking off so much, it might not be a bad time to do timing chains and tensioners. The factory chain tensioners didn't have a gasket between them and the block so they bleed off oil pressure and cause slop and excessive wear on the guides.

I had the intake go bad on my 01 250 w/5.4 and I took it down to block, had heads machined (they like to warp due to lack of coolant flow in the back of engine) with new valve seals, new timing kit up front and all new gaskets. That motor ran like a top after that. At 288,000 miles it still had factory crosshatching on the cylinder walls.

I had maybe $600 into it all said and done.

Well for right now I'm just gonna replace the intake manifold. Everything else is in good shape on it. With the way i get bored and trade off trucks more than likely it won't be around this time next year.

b82843a3a818aadad7b1a7e39c09ddd5.jpg

That is me building a 4 door bronco...aka centurion...aka Excursion as a model in the early 90s...

Before it was cool.

c683a7b3c339fdfb92cef1bbec2b920a.jpg

mac ‘as a kid I was like I am as an adult only now they are lifesize’ gyvr

Still bringing stuff to my house to sort from the mold clean out of my parents basement that was started in August.

mac ‘boxes that hadn’t been opened in over 20 years’ gyvr

Wow its like crickets in here lately. Has been to talk of hookers, blow, or boobs. Is everybody that busy this time of year?

Winterfest forum is up and running!

Click here

NAXJA MWC and National elections are up for votes!

Click here

AND check out the rest of NAXJA, there are some new forums. Tell your friends we now have a place to get more Jeep tech!

mac 'happenin' gyvr

^^ noticed my tj thread got moved. i dig. i was reading about the changes coming with other vehicles and was going to mention that if you're going to making any changes may as well make it all jeeps. pretty cool.

The weather sucks up here this weekend... freezing rain/wind... Not really excited about sitting in the woods all weekend... might just drink beer instead.

Back