• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

Tyler, we will talk at the fest, but for now, I think you REALLY need to think about this decision.

well i survived...this is usually the biggest train wreck festival of the year and it went about as smoothly as it could. oh and tyler...the view from stage got much more interesting as the night went on. no pics of that though.

first band of the day...art of dying. SUPER nice dudes. its always nice when musicians take the time to come say thanks and shake your hand after their done playing.

0513121332.jpg

chevelle was probably the best band on our stage for the day heres a shot from my point of view. they had their own monitor tech so i got to chill out and watch the show.

0513121850.jpg

here is a crowd shot during the headliner...i couldnt see the fans in front of the other stage until they lit their lighters. it looked pretty neat from where i was sitting...

0513122135.jpg

very tired today...basically i got home from the show load out, slept an hour and went to another show load in. this lifestyle hurts a lot more than it used to!

I still wish I would have went to school to run sound professionally. I was really into it when I was in high school, but ended up getting a steady job, and that was the end of it. I still get chills down my back when I hear a good band playing and it's mixed perfectly!

I am just looking at selling the land and home that I own personally which is only @125 acres with the house and outbuildings. The family has the rest of the ground in their possession. As with any grass farm, they do not cash flow when all things are taken truly into consideration, even with 50% equity already in it. I am very fortunate to have a good paying day job that helps to supplement the income level of the farm to be able to make ends meet. The farm that I own and live on is not tied to anything else of the families and I have only had it less then 5 years do there are no real attachments to it. We have the possibility/opportunity to double our investment in this current land market and I would really like to take advantage of it if able. The family farming operation will still be there minus this small piece of ground which only stocks <70 head typically. I will continue to run the row crop side of things on the other farms, just won't have the daily grind of a full time day job and running cattle at home. Concerning Ron's statement, I should clarify that the cattle actually do turn a profit to cover themselves and intake, it is that the land does not cash flow at full stocking capacity due to terrain and usable forage. We have quite a bit of timbered areas that we have even logged/dozed off for income off the trees and gained grass production. There us a lot of emotion tied to the whole thing so the final decision is going to be a tough one. The auctioneer I spoke with yesterday said that what we have is what everyone is looking for...a manageable acreage within 10 minutes to town with a nice house and outbuildings and a well kept grass farm with improvements, and when he told me this I remembered how hard it was for us to find it originally and how we slowly acquired the acreage. My son has been raised here as well and it was always my thoughts/dream to hand it to him one day.....see, too much damn emotion tied too it!! I guess I can view it from many different angles. Some people are debt free, some nearly are, some make their extra income go towards hobbys/toys (mammoth enclosed trailers :D), and some on farms.....I guess it is all on how you look at it. Before we owned this farm we blew all sorts of money, at one time we bought new cars every 6 months just b/c we could.....we had a wakeboard boat, jet skis, a Harley, a nice TJ, and a lot at a private lake. I honestly would like to go back to having that time and being able to spend more fun time with my kid instead of getting home from work just to work some more. Blaghhhhh, this is the shit that keeps me up at 3:55 and writing an essay of endless ramblings. But it is you guys that shine light on the subjects from various angles.....thank you for that.

Cheese "lots going on in this head right now" Man

My hats off to you, Cheesedude! I have a hard enough time rolling my lazy ass out of bad to go to one job. You got a job and a farm. Takes someone like you to be able to farm, work, and build a jeep and still have time to do other shit!

And I finally see the TRUE colors of NAXJA. Sure makes me think twice about sinking money into a membership again and I have been red since 2005. I think I will stay black for awhile and see how things pan out. :lecture::(

And I finally see the TRUE colors of NAXJA. Sure makes me think twice about sinking money into a membership again and I have been red since 2005. I think I will stay black for awhile and see how things pan out. :lecture::(

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis? :twak:

I still wish I would have went to school to run sound professionally. I was really into it when I was in high school, but ended up getting a steady job, and that was the end of it. I still get chills down my back when I hear a good band playing and it's mixed perfectly!

no need to go to school...i have taken 0 audio/sound classes to this date. i was a theatre major in college and in a band and got defaulted to the sound guy always because i knew how to run a mixer. i guess it just all happened from there...now i just do it all freelance. its not always a fun way to survive...its kind of feast or famine, but slowly i've figured out how to make ends meet. every year it gets a little better but 2008-2009 was ROUGH and we are still recovering. i will say its nice to do something a little different every time you show up for work.

Im so sick of people in my house!!! I have my best friend who's and idiot with two DUI's and no license, my sister in law and her boyfriend living there. Now here 40 year old mother couldn't pay her electric bill so she's there too, along with her stupid dog and my other two sister inlaws and the ones boyfriend!!!!!!! I come home and do dishes every fawking night after work that arent mine i am getting so irritated!!!!! It's causing a bunch of tension betweend me and Alexis and that pisses me off more than anything.

k "shitty day at work is gonna be a REAL shitty night at home" man

It sucks when family and friends take advantage. Put your foot down and tell them they have 2 weeks to get thier shit figured out.

Im so sick of people in my house!!! I have my best friend who's and idiot with two DUI's and no license, my sister in law and her boyfriend living there. Now here 40 year old mother couldn't pay her electric bill so she's there too, along with her stupid dog and my other two sister inlaws and the ones boyfriend!!!!!!! I come home and do dishes every fawking night after work that arent mine i am getting so irritated!!!!! It's causing a bunch of tension betweend me and Alexis and that pisses me off more than anything.

k "shitty day at work is gonna be a REAL shitty night at home" man

dude i have been there, we took in my MIL and one sister in law and boyfriend. i made the boyfriend sleep out in the car. shit hit the fan when my mother inlaw pounded on my wall telling me to turn off my alarm. one morning. my wife told them they needed to hurry and find a place to live before i kicked them out. to quote dan from a couple hundred pages back "drama free life is the only way to live"

is it NAXJA or is it certain select members? Just remember man, there is always good with the bad......and I remember some damn good members/friends helping a brother out not too long ago.

Let us know man we will assemble the heard of angry sheep

500-sheep_slaughter.jpg

"drama free life is the only way to live"
agreed. I have had good and bad roommates and housemates. I now have none and it is the way I like it. The only arguments I have about how things are gonna go are the ones with myself :looney:

yikes, what gives dude?

...Some people are debt free, some nearly are, some make their extra income go towards hobbys/toys (mammoth enclosed trailers :D)...

You only live once...

I told myself I wasn't going to get caught up in this...but I'm pretty sure that the true colors of NAXJA were shown to a certain member around the time of winterfest...

mac 'all I'm sayin' gyvr

Sorry, guys, I don't want to get into specifics at this moment. It has nothing to do with any certain member or a group of members. I love NAXJA, what I have learned, who I have met, and what I have done with NAXJA and its members.:kissyou::) There are just certain things that rub me the wrong way and it has my feathers ruffled quite a bit.

Maybe sometime in the future I will get into detail about what is on my mind with certain things that come with NAXJA, but for now lets just see how time goes. If things bug me enough, maybe that will be the time I pay my membership and let my voice be heard and see where things go from there.

Again, this has nothing to do with a certain group or certain person, I love you all and have respect for 99% of you sheep lovin bastads. :D

Here I get all job focused for a month or so and I come back to a page of negative waves....

Quit with the negative waves! We get enough of em in the real world, we don't need em here!

99SJ 'Maybe I'll go back to the real world for another month....' Ex

Sorry, guys, I don't want to get into specifics at this moment. It has nothing to do with any certain member or a group of members. I love NAXJA, what I have learned, who I have met, and what I have done with NAXJA and its members.:kissyou::) There are just certain things that rub me the wrong way and it has my feathers ruffled quite a bit.

Maybe sometime in the future I will get into detail about what is on my mind with certain things that come with NAXJA, but for now lets just see how time goes. If things bug me enough, maybe that will be the time I pay my membership and let my voice be heard and see where things go from there.

Again, this has nothing to do with a certain group or certain person, I love you all and have respect for 99% of you sheep lovin bastads. :D

Kim, you're one of the nicest guys I have had the pleasure to meet, I hope whatever has happened does not make you shy away from the group. We are like a family around here and sometimes some of us bicker with each other but we try and work out our differences. Have yourself a cold one or nine and get back with us in the morning! :D

Well, I'm not up on whats going on back channel with you, Kim, but I'd share my sheep with you anytime and I don't care what color you are.

:cheers:

Back