• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

I've come to an interesting conclusion lately.

I actually really like my job. If I could sit here and do my job all day long, that'd be awesome.

What pisses me off, gets me annoyed, and puts me in a foul mood is when things get in the way of me doing my job. If I can't get access to a drawing I need, if I wind up having to do other peoples' jobs just to do my own (or when I can't do anything because I"m waiting on someone), if there's some beaurocratic or political nonsense that prevents me from getting something accomplished...those are the things that I loathe every day.

So I think maybe I'll start by *just* doing my job, which in the short term is gonna piss me off because that means I won't actually be able to do my job :)laugh:), but in the bigger picture what I'm doing now isn't helping because I'm keeping a lot of problems from having the visibility they need to actually get solved by working around them.

Hmmph.
If I didn't know better I'd guess you work for the government.

speaking of which you gonna be around tonight? I am in a stupid hurry about that battery tray

im gonna be at the sox game

if you really need it i can put it outside my house or something and you can just grab it

I've come to an interesting conclusion lately.

I actually really like my job. If I could sit here and do my job all day long, that'd be awesome.

What pisses me off, gets me annoyed, and puts me in a foul mood is when things get in the way of me doing my job. If I can't get access to a drawing I need, if I wind up having to do other peoples' jobs just to do my own (or when I can't do anything because I"m waiting on someone), if there's some beaurocratic or political nonsense that prevents me from getting something accomplished...those are the things that I loathe every day.

So I think maybe I'll start by *just* doing my job, which in the short term is gonna piss me off because that means I won't actually be able to do my job :)laugh:), but in the bigger picture what I'm doing now isn't helping because I'm keeping a lot of problems from having the visibility they need to actually get solved.

Hmmph.

100% agreed.

Pretty much how any large company operates.

im gonna be at the sox game

if you really need it i can put it outside my house or something and you can just grab it
that'd be awesome. I will replace it with beer and hope your raccoons don't like beer

that'd be awesome. I will replace it with beer and hope your raccoons don't like beer

1: clean out your pms

2:
ill put it out on my front deck on the railing.

you just need the plastic box right? not the metal tie down deelys?

1. argh yeah it's been overfull for weeks because some mods/admins pmed me and sent me over the limit. and I haven't felt like weeding through to find shit I don't need anymore.

2. will do, you are correct, just the plastic part. The rest of mine is fine.

Case in point, I just got emailed a purchase order for a project I was helping with. It falls on me to enter the order in our system, which is usually fine by me, because it's easy and I know it's done properly.

But, I only *helped* with this project. I have the info on my part. Somewhere along the line somebody changed something, and now the cost is different, the type is slightly different, and I'm not sure what changed or why. So if all I had to do was enter the order it'd take 5 minutes and I could move on to something else, but now I gotta track down 3 different people and get someone to email me back the revised specs. And the guy in charge of this project at our distributor is a giant dickhead and acts like it's a major imposition if you ask him to do anything (even if it's something he should've done anyway).

TGIMFF.

I've got .0055 backlash on Colin's old gears. C-hair on the tight side, but I like the pattern. FIRI?

Is there a pattern visible on the gears already?

If so, best thing you can do on used gears is to match the existing pattern as close as possible. The backlash will probably wind up being a little looser than spec as it would've opened up a few thousandths from where it was originally set.

welded diff, should i do just do spiders to spiders or also do side gears to the carrier, its a 8.25 thats everything is remaining assembled

weld the shit outta it. i weld it wherever metal touches and do 2 or 3 passes . never had a issue.

Make sure you don't weld the c clips or cross shaft in, go nuts on the rest

Since I worked a bunch of overtime this week, I can use it to take an extra day off next week instead of more money.

Not sure which I'd rather do at this point.

I could use the extra day to haul ass on the MJ.
Wait, you get paid for over time? Aren't you salery? WTF?

I worked 58hours last week, which included saturday, and got nothing in return. Worst part of salary right there.

lets go build up sweet dump trucks and race them

308761_516155450444_226300669_285545_7896722_n.jpg

That thing is sick, I would love to take a drive in that thing.

I worked 58hours last week, which included saturday, and got nothing in return. Worst part of salary right there.

That thing is sick, I would love to take a drive in that thing.

I used to work an avg 75 hours a week on salary from April to nov

Yup but only if we work more than 8 hours of overtime.

Anything under that we don't get paid for.

The main reason I hang around this place is they treat employees pretty damn good as far as financials/benefits.

Back