• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

THe NAC Lots-O-BFG KO2 Thread

Re: THe NAC Lots-O-Post Thread

my 8.25 ate two aussies. then i welded it spider to spider. never had a problem being welded.
yeah i recall that, this one came out of my blue jeep wich i never had a issue with, im guessing the tollerences were off with the 8.25's, i know the 8.8's were horrible bout that

XXXX it. I'm running this pattern and starting to build the truss and some gussets. I need to get this thing blasted and painted tonight.

im so happy i found geared axles for short money.

regearing is a pain in the dick, and not even fun.

I actually really enjoy gearing axles.

My brother's 8.75 was pretty easy.

all the time spent regearing axles i could have been doing something productive, like adding a cold air intake, making a pvc roof rack, or eating skittles.

DAYUM.

20% off ruffstuffs entire inventory this weekend.

Just got my 3/8" clocking ring for the D300.

I ordered it two weeks ago, finally decided I'd look into why I never got it. Guy PM'd me back yesterday and said somehow the order never got processed, and he'd send it out next day air.

That's cool I guess. Hopefully I'll be able to have my whole drivetrain bolted together and hanging in the chassis this weekend. Got a bunch of aluminum-modifying stuff and the bolts coming from McMaster today as well.

DAYUM.

20% off ruffstuffs entire inventory this weekend.

Go figure.
Anyone need a 44 cover? I have one and need to buy a 60 cover instead.

Go figure.

If it's still new, I bet you could send it back and trade it in. RuffStuff seems like they would be cool like that.

Not for him, for me. We were talking about it last night.

So you'd like it better with nothing to read and this thread dead? Sounds boring. Just like your build thread. :D

Sure, unless you want to drop them off. I have no way of hauling 20 ft sticks right now. I'll buy you 99 at the next M&G. Speaking of which, you guys want to do one this coming Thursday?

I'm in for Thursday.

I've come to an interesting conclusion lately.

I actually really like my job. If I could sit here and do my job all day long, that'd be awesome.

What pisses me off, gets me annoyed, and puts me in a foul mood is when things get in the way of me doing my job. If I can't get access to a drawing I need, if I wind up having to do other peoples' jobs just to do my own (or when I can't do anything because I"m waiting on someone), if there's some beaurocratic or political nonsense that prevents me from getting something accomplished...those are the things that I loathe every day.

So I think maybe I'll start by *just* doing my job, which in the short term is gonna piss me off because that means I won't actually be able to do my job :)laugh:), but in the bigger picture what I'm doing now isn't helping because I'm keeping a lot of problems from having the visibility they need to actually get solved.

Hmmph.

I feel pretty similar. I like what I do, but I hate that other people not wanting to do anything other than the bare minimum XXXXs my day up. It makes easy situations so XXXXing frustrating for no reason.

Go figure.

Not going to run the HD44?

Can't get my driveshaft in completely, need another inch to clear the rear yoke, any tricks? It's a lwb shaft so hard to leverage by myself

Do all angle grinder wire wheels whoop wires at your face or is that only HF wheels?

Hey Sam, if you're expecting me to be at the 99 thursday I'll be in NY.

Also if you guys didn't know, rockauto has alot of what summitracing carries but for a good amount cheaper. Rock auto has no way of finding for example a 3/8 power steering filter but once you get the part number with summit's search you can put it in rock auto and get it $5 cheaper.

If it's still new, I bet you could send it back and trade it in. RuffStuff seems like they would be cool like that.
ehhh. I don't want to waste dan's time, would rather sell it at regular price, delivered, on the classifieds if it comes to it.

I'm in for Thursday.

I feel pretty similar. I like what I do, but I hate that other people not wanting to do anything other than the bare minimum XXXXs my day up. It makes easy situations so XXXXing frustrating for no reason.

Not going to run the HD44?
I have no idea what it is going in, if anything probably the non wheeling MJ project. I was gonna run it but then happened across this kingpin 60, and got a doubler... and a 318. An hd44 is seeming like less and less of a good idea especially when I can (so saith the internet) easily shave it to roughly 44 clearance without special welding equipment.

Do all angle grinder wire wheels whoop wires at your face or is that only HF wheels?
all of em, but the hf ones do it more. You should get one of their $3 face shields, take it from the guy who ended up splitting a 6k ER bill with his insurance after not wearing one.

up til 3am and still first. My god am I ever sore.

Hope you all have as much fun working on your junk and whatnot today as I'm going to, XXXX sitting around on the internet on a day like this!

Back