• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Important

So I actually found out this morning that my Remington 700 has the youth stock. Explains why I thought the length of pull was a touch short, though still comfortable. I am considering trading it towards a full sized 700 and probably wanting to bump up the caliber a little. Probably a .270 or .308 to get more knockdown.

Shows how much I know about 700s.

So I actually found out this morning that my Remington 700 has the youth stock. Explains why I thought the length of pull was a touch short, though still comfortable. I am considering trading it towards a full sized 700 and probably wanting to bump up the caliber a little. Probably a .270 or .308 to get more knockdown.

Shows how much I know about 700s.
What caliber is it? And how much do you have into it? I have a 12 year old nephew who is a lil guy and all my rifles are too big for him...

PM inbound.

This is true. To quote something manchie said long time ago " beaters fo life!"

edit: how bout a 6.7 then, still less...

http://vandrunenford.net/Chicago/For-Sale/New/Ford/F-250/2012-4X4-XLT-Gray-Truck/8235595/

If I were going to spend 55k on a truck it would be on a brand new 2012 F350 dually crew cab 4x4 with the 6.7...which I have been eyeballing at the local dealer since they came out...but it would double my current truck payment...

mac 'can't afford one for another 5 years' gyvr

You guys are talking about trucks that are literally half again what I paid for my house. I am not sure if that says more about the trucks, or the house... :gee:

Of course in 3 more years I will have saved as much on rent as I paid for the house originally. I think it will probably take around 4 years after that before I am ahead on repair/renovation costs too but I have been landlord free for a year now and it is totally worth it. I value my freedom way more than living in comfort.

- Ken "if I could live in one of those trucks I'd consider it" Stein

helped a kid rebuild a locking hub conversion that he installed on his TJ LP30.

well...

actually, a buddy justin helped while i rotated my tires, and proceded to drink all their beer.

kind of a cool kit, and it adds a little width to the D30. idk the price of it, but it seemed like a solid product, yet poor design. it seemed way overly complicated when compared to the traditional spindle design ive been familiarizing myself with for my HP44 build. maybe it was to get around patents, maybe it was because of working with the stock D30 knuckle. the idea of having to order all the parts and seals for it seems like a PITA too.

what do i care? nothing. ill stick with my 44 plans.
but i got free beer and rallys out of it, also wrenched on jeeps in the good weather a little. good day.

and the jeep rides a little better.

You guys are talking about trucks that are literally half again what I paid for my house. I am not sure if that says more about the trucks, or the house... :gee:

My house was only 69k, there is a raptor on the lot ill see where it compares to my house.

Edit: hmm only 47000 must have not got all the options :D

Last edited:
My house was only 69k, there is a raptor on the lot ill see where it compares to my house.

Edit: hmm only 47000 must have not got all the options :D

My buddy ron said that he would buy a raptor before he would buy that jk-8.

Then he started looking at used ones online. You can get a 2010 raptor with the options and 20k to 40k miles for around $35k

Too bad they only tow 6k.

mac 'lots of k's' gyvr

I'm sitting next to my dad. If you call him you will get the appropriate response :)

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

mac 'that is funny' gyvr

Back