• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New member in Roseburg, OR

BoScrappa

NAXJA Forum User
Just moved here a year ago from Socal...bought our 1st XJ and we love it, was hoping to meet up with people from this chapter and go trailin', Ive already got alot of tips on repairs and upgrades from this forum, its great! glad to be here. :sunshine: :guitar:

P.S. How the effffff do u add photos??

Last edited:
Just moved here a year ago from Socal...bought our 1st XJ and we love it, was hoping to meet up with people from this chapter and go trailin', Ive already got alot of tips on repairs and upgrades from this forum, its great! glad to be here. :sunshine: :guitar:

P.S. How the effffff do u add photos??

Welcome! As for the photos you have to bug my wife till she puts them on her photobucket account, then make her sit with you and post them. At least thats the only way i know how to get it done. (it has to do with the little yellow/tan box with the mountain in it above where your writing messages).

Welcome, I think Roseburg is an hour or so away from the Florence OR OHV park. Its the biggest sand park in Oregon I believe, we have a house down there so I spend some time down there in the summer. As for trails I don't know for sure whats down there.
If Tim (knuckle61) notices this post he may chime in, he has a vacation home around there and may know more?

Last edited:
Nice to meet u all, yea I know were outta the way from most everyone, but we travel a lot so we would be down to go wherever there might be a meet, we've been to florence and sen that ohv park...ill have to hit it up soon.

I go there frequently over the summer, hit me up if you head over to the coast. I will be there for Rhoady Days, its the weekend before Memorial Day.

IMG_2957.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

YAAAAY!!! i finally figured out how to post pics lmao!..:yelclap:
96', 4.5" rancho lift, custom aluminum roof rack, front and rear bumpers,
lockrite in rear.
65xzpe.jpg

new custom rear bumper i just got
34o4h0i.jpg

your rig looks good with those bumpers!
let me know if you want to go salmon / sturgeon fishing as i plan on going out again with a charter guy i know near elkton around memorial day. you are pretty close to where he is located. or we could always run around on some fire trails around cottage grove that week. i am planning on hitting the nwc run at tsf the following weekend. are you going?

That rear bumper is really cool.

Welcome to the NWC family.

Yea thanx for having me, I have the guys business info that did the bumper if anyone is interested, hes up in eugene and hes really affordable.

Lol...:confused1 too many decisions!!, well thursday is looking like the best day for me this week, and it would have to be after 3pm, so knuckle, let me know where u wanna go, elkton or cottage grove?, whatever is easiest for u, Im down for wherever, as far as tsf, Ill have to wait for my wifes schedule to come in b4 I can commit, moose, I definetley wanna head out there to the dunes, but this week my wifes only days off are mon and thur. and we have to wait for my son to get outta school at 3, heading out to florence after that would be kinda late, but ill let u know when we have a weekend off or when hes out of skewl. :sunshine:

Does that Freightliner have a turbo on it?

why yes it does. :gee:
caterpillar c-12, 430 hp, 1,680 ft. lbs., 8.5 mpg avg.
it weighs in at a little over 17 tons + the weight of the jeep. :eek:

we typically leave san jose around 6:00 pm & can get to the rest stop just past shasta lake on I-5 around 11 or 12.
get up at 6, feed the dogs & let em' whiz, then hit the road by 6:30. we typically pull into cottage grove around 10:30 or so depending on how hard i hit the throttle or if i get distracted by a side trip to any antique shops.

Last edited:
Whats your average speed flat towing the XJ? Looks like it has pleanty of ponies and torque. How many forward gears does it have?

Whats your average speed flat towing the XJ? Looks like it has pleanty of ponies and torque. How many forward gears does it have?

depends on the state, i hear your oregon hp are tough on speeders so i tend to stay at the limit. in cal i roll around 60-65, nevada is 70-75.
i can run up over the pass at the border around 50 mph as long as i don't get off the throttle or stuck behind a truck. my rig is slow to recover speed uphill if i loose momentum.
the mileage drops below 2 mpg pulling that hill though. :bawl:

it has a 10 speed eaton-fuller auto-stick tranny.

Doesnt that happen to 75 percent of the cars on the road going up big mountain passes? How's Bruno?

Sorry for the thread hijack. :)

Back